Versatile, easy to use and compact precision instrument for measuring α-, β- and γ-radiation. With filter selection switch at the front of the Geiger-Müller counter tube for filtering out types of radiation (γ/β, γ/α/β or γ only), large display and integrated USB interface. Including USB cable, Windows software, and operating instructions.
The following functions and operating modes are available for measurement:
- Standard mode for displaying the current radiation level. Display of the equivalent dose as a numerical value and as bar chart and display of the time until a selected cumulative dose limit is reached (default 5 μSv/h). Also equipped with variable acoustic and optical warning threshold signal and display of average radiation from previous day.
- Pulse counting either permanent or with variable gate time. Gate time adjustable in seconds, minute or hours. Additional optional acoustic count indication.
- Count rate measurement. The pulses registered are measured successively and converted into a count rate (number of pulses per second).
- Integrated display of date and time for correct recording of measured radiation.
- The number of pulses registered is stored in the internal memory. This facilitates recording e.g. of weekly values for up to 10 years.
- Computer docking station. The software enables the measured data to be evaluated and processed on an MS-Windows PC.
- Radiation types: α from 4 MeV, β from 0.2 MeV, γ from 0.02 MeV
- Measured variables: equivalent dose in Sv/h, mSv/h, μSv/h, pulses/s, pulses/variable time interval
- Display: LCD, 4 digit, numerical with display of measured variable, quasi analogue bar chart, operating mode indicators
- Radiation detector: End window Geiger-Müller counter tube, stainless steel housing with neon-halogen filling
- Measuring length: 38.1 mm
- Measuring diameter: 9.1 mm
- Mica window: 1.5 – 2 mg/cm²
- Gamma sensitivity: 114 pulses/min for 60Co radiation = 1 μSv/h in background radiation energy band
- Background rate: 10 pulses per minute approx.
- Internal memory: 2 kilobytes
- Battery life: 3 years approx.
- Dimensions: 163x72x30 mm³ approx.
- Weight: 155 g approx.
Set of apparatus for carrying out 10 basic student experiments on radioactivity. In a robust Gratnell tray with foam inserts molded to the shapes of the items and a transparent lid. Includes a CD with instructions for the experiments. The experiments ...